queen of hearts

by gilda rêvasseur on June 17, 2008

i realized i haven’t uploaded my design work in a long long time!!! so you’re going to be seeing a whole flood of this, since i have a whole semester’s work that i haven’t put up!!
my sister and  at tokyo disneyland
(my sister and i at tokyo disneyland, christmas 2006!)

when we had to do an accessories collection, my instant reaction was to look to alice in wonderland for inspiration. i’ve always loved alice in wonderland, both the book and the disney rendition. and i thought both the story and the colors would be a great inspiration for an accessories line!

when i first did my croquis, it was really funny because i had just read the “darker” version, and everything that i was sketching was full of leather, studs and was a little kinky in a sort of s&m/fetish kind of way. which i really liked!! but i decided to save those sketches for a bigger project where i could incorporate with clothes, so i re-watched disney’s version of alice, and looked back at some of my photos from disneyland. i really liked the idea of creating a line for the queen of hearts, who is such a funny and ridiculous character!!

i quite like it, if i may say so myself. i want some of the shoes definitely. i concentrated on hard accessories, which means shoes, bags and belts. (fyi: soft accessories would be hats and scarves, etc.) i also drew them in various sizes, just because of the magic stuff that alice drinks, that makes her grow big and small. just a little detail i wanted to throw in! :)

Sheena June 17, 2008 at 1:24 am

they are so adorable! i love them, totally wearable!

Julie June 17, 2008 at 2:39 am

I so want the black and white boots!!! They’re so me n_n.

Ashe Mischief June 17, 2008 at 8:56 am

Yum! You know I’d TOTALLY be down with Alice in Wonderland-themed accessories & goodies.

Casey-Scott June 17, 2008 at 9:30 am

My goddd! These are absolutely divine! The Queen of Hearts would be sure to invite you to play croquet if you showed her these beauties (;

Lady Julianne le Fay June 17, 2008 at 2:28 pm

Gorgeous! I’ll have a pair of the ones on the second tier in the middle please, although actually I want the rest too… :)

The Sister June 17, 2008 at 4:52 pm

OMG! You HAD to put that picture we took. Haha! The QOH idea is such a fun theme! *thumbs up* I’d love a dingle-dangle ketai strap with a matching bag charm.

gilda June 18, 2008 at 1:50 am

+sheena+
yay!! thanks!! i like that they are wearable and yet really my kinda style! :)

+julie+
i can really picture you in them! hahaa

+ashe mischief+
we all are honey ;) i would totally wear an alice in wonderland kinda outfit if i had the looks for it!

+casey-scott+
oh my god that’s exactly what i imagined!! croquet!!! wheee!!

+lady julianne+
ooh you like the boots too?? that’s what julie said as well. i personally really love the two mary-jane heels… and the bootie… and the boot.. and i quite like the bag on the top tier. wow am i like going on a self-praise journey or what! ;)

+bib+
hahahaha that was the best picture for this!! we perfected that stupid face man. omg i miss japan so much kill me now please. you know i actually drew a keitai-strap and my teacher asked me “what’s that?”. i just rolled my eyes. like hellooo, get on with technology!

Aimee Marie June 18, 2008 at 6:34 am

Aw, that is so cute! I want to see more of your design work. Oh, and thanks for popping over to my blog & leaving a comment about some of my Flickr Favs the other week.

I saw the photos of you & Gala at Pat Fields place on iCiNG & you looked fabulous.

I’m going to have a nosey around the rest of your blog now! ;)

Aimee Marie

Casey-Scott June 18, 2008 at 9:19 am

I only realised now that you drew in the little bottle of potion and the cupcake that she eats! How cute!

On the subject of croquet, I discovered last weekend that there’s a croquet club tucked away down the road from my house. I’ve always wanted to take up croquet! I’m contemplating joining it …

I’m thinking only if they play with flamingos and hedgehogs though …

Margherita June 18, 2008 at 8:32 pm

Those are cool. :)

PS I loveeeee your header/the image at the top of your blog.

gilda June 18, 2008 at 8:49 pm

+aimee marie+
ooh thanks!! i’m definitely going to upload more work in the near future. and yeah the pat field party was really fun. i had a blast. actually, working there has been a blessing!!

+casey-scott+
ohhhh heh heh heh yay someone noticed!! yes yes plus it’s all drawn on cupcake dishes!! ;) i can’t believe there are actual croquet clubs!! that sounds uber-fun and super chic. you should definitely join!! especially if there are flamingos and hedgehogs. that sounds like one of those enid blyton books too. hee hee!

+margherita+
thank you!! i drew those girls and spent some time making that header!! it was hard, considering i’m not much of a techie!

enc June 18, 2008 at 8:49 pm

Really nice.

And I love that photo at the top!

gilda June 18, 2008 at 8:51 pm

+enc+
you mean the header/illustration at the top? or the photo at the top of the post? that’s my sister and i at tokyo disneyland. i love that pic! ;) we tried hard to make our faces the same as the footsoldier! ay!!

Clare June 19, 2008 at 2:09 pm

the shoes at the top are so especially wonderful. i wish i could just pluck them out of the illustration.

also, i love alice in wonderland. this post of yours reminds me of a picture i found on flickr this morning: http://flickr.com/photos/hello_naomi/2299732314/

Golden Calf June 19, 2008 at 2:56 pm

My absolute favorite are the shoes on the top tier. Great designs all around!

whimsical delights June 20, 2008 at 1:49 am

hahahaha!! XD i love the photo of you and your friend next to the queen of hearts. and i do love that pair of white boots and white handbag that you’ve designed!! – especially those boots.

gilda June 20, 2008 at 5:27 am

+clare+
oh my gosh thank you for that flickr link! that’s gotta be some of the cutest cupcakes i’ve ever seen. aieeeeee!!

+golden calf+
oooh thank you! xox! i can’t decide which one i love best actually!

+whimsical delights+
that’s actually my elder sister! hee hee! we look pretty different don’t we? we took that in tokyo disneyland on xmas ’06. ahhh, good times!

Casey-Scott June 20, 2008 at 9:38 pm

Speaking of Alice in Wonderland cupcakes, Gilda, check out my latest Cupcake of the Day eeee!

gilda June 21, 2008 at 6:17 pm

+casey-scott+
oh my GOSH those cupcakes are insane!! i’m in love with them! they must be one of the cutest cupcakes i’ve ever seen. thank you for letting me know! oooh!

Jazzi July 12, 2008 at 1:06 am

I love it! the queen would be proud haha. but i def think some playing cards strewn about are in order!

xoxo Jazzi

gilda July 13, 2008 at 4:39 am

+jazzi+
i hope she won’t cut off my head ;) yeah i definitely should have drawn playing cards in!!!

Royce May 30, 2014 at 9:47 am

The future surely seems bright for Grow Perfect Technologies and the 357 Magnum LED grow light.
Unlike other programs, the information technology
classes need more practical tuition than theory. With the global economic growth
and rising cost of raw materials, closed style upper suture and
closed automatically operate on the shoe manufacturers would be the inevitable choice.
♥ Royce´s last [type] ..Royce